Organizational Tutors provides talks and workshops for caregivers through the school or through existing caregiver groups (PTA, PA, etc.). These sessions introduce caregivers to executive functioning and provide specific strategies that caregivers can use at home to help their children become more successful learners. For example, a recent talk was titled, “Creative Tools for Managing Anxiety & Stress.” The sessions also provide a link for caregivers to further understand the school’s learning environment, so they can better support their children at school.
Additionally, we offer coaching, workshops, and professional development on executive functioning for schools, educational leaders, and teachers to help create a learning environment for students to succeed. We develop customized, school-specific professional development programs that can vary by length and intensity based on the needs of the school from a one-day program to a series of trainings and coaching. Contact us to learn more!
Send Us a Request
Anna’s Talk Topics
- Strengthening Executive Functions: creating a home-based toolbox for our kids. Discussion of practical skills and strategies for parents to help build their children’s executive functions. A close look at the challenging transition points in the day, initiating less desirable activities, and stopping exciting ones.
- Raising an Organized Child: How to model and support strengthening executive functions
- Supporting Children with ADHD & EF Challenges: In home strategies to help move through the day
- Conscious Reintegration: Navigating How to Support Ourselves and Our Children as We Adapt to Social Reengagement
- Reducing Parental Stress During a Global Pandemic
- Managing Stress and Anxiety: A Creative Toolbox for Parents
- Strengthening Executive Functions at Home: Creating a Practical Toolbox
- Executive functions: What is it and How Does it Contribute to my Child’s Success in School and Beyond?
- Executive Functioning: Skills and Tools to Navigate the Obstacle Courses of Work and Life
- Supporting Independent and Engaged Learners
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Maximizing Executive Functioning Through High School
- How to Address EF Deficits: Concrete Steps We Can Take to Help Make Learning Easier for Students Who Struggle with Executive Functioning
Past Talks and Workshops:
Below is a sampling of schools where we have given talks and held educator workshops.
Talks for Parents and Educators:
- P.S. 29
- P.S. 32
- P.S. 58
- P.S. 97 Bard High School Early College
- P.S. 118
- P.S. 172 Beacon School of Excellence
- P.S. 443
- Arts & Letters 305 United
- Academy of American Studies
- Fusion Academy Brooklyn
- St. Luke’s School
- St. Stephen of Hungary School
- Stuyvesant High School
- The Dalton School
- The Foote School
Mind Map program
The Mind Map program is designed to help students develop actionable homework strategies through mindfulness and metacognition (i.e., our own awareness of how we think and learn). Mind Map targets key executive functioning (EF) and adaptable skills including task initiation, maintaining focus, organizing thoughts, adapting knowledge for demand changes, screening for errors, and managing frustration. Presented weekly, we will discuss, demystify, and put new study skills into practice. Mindfulness exercises, including deep breathing, visualization strategies, and brief physical activities, accompany the EF skills sessions. The session framework will remain consistent from week to week to model a nightly approach to homework.