Flexible Hours; Virtual
Organizational Tutors (OT) is one of the premier executive function tutoring organizations in the US. Based in NYC, OT provides specialized and individualized tutoring and coaching to strengthen students’ executive functioning capacities, effectively manage complex neuropsychological profiles, and overcome social-emotional obstacles to learning. OT has grown rapidly over the past decade due to the dedication and efforts of its tight-knit network. OT is looking for a responsible and dependable Social Media Intern to engage with and support OT’s growing virtual community.
- Maintain company social media pages and profiles on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Implement social media strategy through research, audience identification, messaging, and interactions (liking, commenting, following, sharing, etc.)
- Collaborate with administrative team and Marketing Coordinator to develop social media campaigns and editorial calendar for post publication
- Create and collect engaging graphics
- Draft copy, including relevant hashtags, as needed
- Identify potential collaborators through engaging with audiences on social platforms
- Monitor engagement and other performance metrics across platforms
- Keep your finger on the pulse of OT’s growing virtual community. What are the topics and types and formats of content that support and interest OT’s audience?
- Moderate and manage community, user-generated content, and messages appropriately
- Adhere to company policies and community standards for social media platforms
- Participate in monthly marketing meetings
- Openly communicate with team with any questions, concerns, or ideas
- Dependable and professional self-starter who can take direction but work independently
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to stay on task and keep up with weekly goals in a virtual work environment. The OT team works remotely.
- Sound judgment regarding privacy, confidentiality, and acceptable content
- Demonstrated understanding of responsible internet safety best practices
- Commitment to an environment of respect, inclusion, diversity, and fairness
- Proficiency in Adobe applications (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and iMovie, or comparable programs, preferred, but not required
- Strong interest in social media and community management
- Interest in psychology and/or education a plus
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- the names and contact information for two or three references. At least one should be a recent or current teacher of yours or other source who has supervised your work in an academic setting; and
- a cover letter or personal statement outlining your interest, any relevant experience, and qualifications. In your letter, please address when you are available to begin this internship and over what period you will be available.