Organizational Tutors (OT) is one of the premier Executive Function Tutoring organizations in the United States. Based in NYC, OT provides specialized and individualized tutoring and coaching to strengthen students’ executive functioning capacities, effectively manage complex neuropsychological profiles, and overcome social/emotional obstacles to learning. OT has grown exponentially over the past decade due to the dedication and efforts of its tight-knit team.
OT is looking for a highly-organized, extremely fastidious, and efficient Data and Operations Assistant to work closely with our Administrative Team. As a small team, working remotely, we are looking for someone who communicates clearly, is self-directed, independent, and is comfortable asking questions. Though the majority of work can be done remotely, preference is given for candidates who are available for occasional in-person meetings and training sessions in the NYC area. Interest and/or experience in psychology and education is a plus.
We expect the Data and Operations Assistant to be a core member and idea contributor to the Administrative Team. The responsibilities of this role involve not only supporting the organization’s overall operations, but also leading the next step in the future of our data systems and conversations surrounding analysis of company metrics. Specifically, this role will directly support the Operations Director in tasks related to client billing and customer service and will provide team-wide support with data entry and data analysis related to our matchmaking process, client services, and marketing efforts.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Entering tutor and client data into proprietary matching and billing systems
- Tracking and reporting data related to client conversion and retention on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Compiling and analyzing data related to tutor caseloads and referral sources
- Quality checking current data for errors and performing routine quarterly maintenance of client and tutor data for accuracy
- Providing recommendations for improving the efficiency and accuracy of data systems
- Analyzing company metrics, trends, and providing recommendations
- Assisting with monthly client billing, supporting tutors and clients, and providing troubleshooting and customer support
- Updating and maintaining audience lists and tags in Mailchimp and tracking Mailchimp metrics
- Performing research relating to new partnerships, expansion opportunities, services, etc., and preparing summaries
- Keeping apprised and the team informed of relevant professional development opportunities
- Preparing Excel files, Powerpoint slides, and other presentation materials
- Coordinating and attending company meetings, preparing agendas, taking notes, assigning, and following up on action items
- Communicating with vendors and service providers
- Managing calendars
- Conducting research and summarizing findings
- Providing other types of general professional administrative support to the CEO, Program Director, and Operations Director
- Directing questions and inquiries to appropriate parties and handling sensitive information with professionalism and discretion
- Bachelor’s degree is required; graduate degree completed or in progress is preferred. Coursework involving statistical/data analysis or comparable certification required.
- Must have prior operations or advanced administrative experience
- Must have advanced level comfort with Excel: charts, pivot tables, graphs, etc. Experience with Google Workspace/Microsoft Office Suite, databases, Mailchimp, and Zoom also required.
- Dependable self-starter who can take direction but work independently
- Demonstrated professionalism, sound judgment, trustworthiness, and follow through
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to stay on task and keep up with weekly goals in a virtual work environment (the OT team works remotely.)
- Availability for occasional in-person meetings in NYC
- Sound judgment regarding privacy, confidentiality, and acceptable content
- Demonstrated understanding of responsible internet safety best practices
- Commitment to an environment of respect, inclusion, diversity, and fairness
This is a full-time W-2 employee position. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please email to email@example.com your résumé and a cover letter outlining your interest, any relevant experience, and qualifications. In your letter, please address when you are available to begin this position and over what period you will be available. Please also have prepared the names and contact information for two or three references.
Organizational Tutors is a woman-owned and family-friendly company.
To learn more, please visit Organizationaltutors.com.