Our after-school programs are designed to help students of all ages strengthen their executive functioning skills. Our interactive sessions give students actionable strategies they can use in school and in their daily lives. Please use the Contact Us form to get started.
- Hero's Journey
- Mindfulness Theater Club
- Writing Better Together
- The Fundamentals of Executive Functioning
- Resilient Writers Club
in collaboration with Brooklyn Game Lab
The program runs a full semester. Registration is rolling throughout the semester.
Group Dungeons & Dragons online program through Brooklyn Game Lab and individual EF sessions with an Organizational Tutor conducted remotely via Zoom
Elementary – High School
$180 per month for weekly two-hour Dungeons & Dragons online sessions, billed through Brooklyn Game Lab (BGL)
$275 per 60-minute private session with your EF coach, billed through your coach at Organizational Tutors at the end of each month. Choose from two tiers of support: one session per week ($275/week) or two sessions per week ($550/week). Included in these support offerings is a comprehensive 45-minute Intake, conducted via Zoom. The first 30-minutes are a parent interview to learn more about your child’s learning profile, interests, and personality, followed by a 15-minute meeting with your student to create their map.
The Hero’s Journey program provides gamers, strategists, and fantasy fans executive function (EF) coaching within the metaphor of Dungeons & Dragons. Each week students work 1:1 with an expert EF coach, i.e. their Hero’s Companion, to design a personalized quest composed of real-world goals for the week. The quest will draw on their unique strengths, growth areas, and EF goals to slay their day! Students will collaborate to design a personalized map that lays out their daily academic tasks and responsibilities. With the support of their EF coach, students will consider challenges, build in tailored strategies to beat their beasts, and stretch Hero Skills of focus, planning, task sequencing, time management, self-monitoring, flexibility, and persistence. Staying on course earns Hero Points to spend in their next Dungeons & Dragons campaign. Students are awarded gold, magic items, spells, and merit badges by their BGL Dungeon Master based on their progress at home.
The experienced staff at Brooklyn Game Lab supplemented by the EF expertise of Organizational Tutors provide a socially and emotionally responsive space for all learners to explore personal growth and resilience.
First, complete our online form to request your Hero’s Journey EF coach. Next, please confirm that you’ve enrolled in an online Dungeons & Dragons program through BGL. Organizational Tutors will follow up with you to schedule the 45-minute intake. Your child will then be matched with their personal EF coach based on their personality and learning profile.
Mindfulness Theater Club
Group program, conducted remotely via Zoom
All ages; We will organize this program into multiple sections, if needed, based on the age distribution of the students who register
$600 Total, which includes six 75-minute group sessions
The interactive group program will guide your student in developing an understanding of their own thoughts and feelings through meditative practices and theater techniques. Over the years, we have learned the benefits associated with guided meditations, meditative activities, and creative expression. Theater skills such as acting, playwriting and performing require components of mindfulness meditation such as concentration, active listening, and emotional memory. Our goal is to provide students with the foundational techniques to couple these two beneficial practices, which will guide self-expression and improve executive functioning skills. Led by one of our expert coaches, each weekly session will focus on selected skills associated with mindfulness, executive functioning and theater.
- Week 1: Mindfulness activity, acting basics, introduction to guided meditation and theater games
- Week 2: Mindfulness games, visualization activity and introduction to beginner scene work
- Week 3: Scene work continued, mindfulness activity, theater and improvisational games
- Week 4: Contentless scripts based on building a character, new guided meditation and intro to cosmic yoga stories.
- Week 5: Mindfulness games, visualization activity and scene work continued.
- Week 6: Mindfulness activity, new guided meditation, scene work concluded, and celebration!
Writing Better Together
Group program, conducted remotely via Zoom
$650 Total, which includes four 60-minute group sessions, a Writer’s Showcase during the fourth group session, and one 30-minute 1:1 coaching session
In this supportive virtual workshop, students will progress together through the essential phases of essay writing: Brainstorming/Research, Outlining, Writing, and Revision. Students will conclude the course with a polished essay, a deeper understanding of the writing process, and a new-found confidence in their writing skills.
- Week 1: Building & Brainstorming — Students will build an essay outline template together, developing a shared language that demystifies terms like “analysis” and “evidence” and clarifies how each element of an essay relates to the others. Students will also use a creative brainstorming exercise to help choose an essay topic that excites them.
- Week 2: Research & Outlining — Now that students have a topic and a template, they’re ready to begin the outlining phase. The group will start by discussing the elements of a strong thesis. As students start filling in their outlines, they will identify the questions they still need to answer with further research.
- Week 3: Giving & Receiving Feedback – Students will share their completed outlines with the group, soliciting feedback from their peers and from our expert tutor on how to strengthen their arguments or clarify their thinking. Now students can begin to write!
- Week 4: One-on-One Meetings — Students will sign up for a 30-minute window to meet 1:1 with our expert tutor to discuss their essays. Meeting 1:1 with their tutor will address students’ specific writing challenges and help them to implement the lessons of the previous three weeks. After this meeting, students should feel confident in their ability to complete a draft by the next session.
- Week 5: Writers’ Showcase, Workshopping, & Revising — Students will share their full essays with the group and solicit feedback. This will give students an opportunity to see how each essay has evolved through the writing process, and to use everything they’ve learned about essay writing to offer thoughtful, constructive feedback about their peers’ work.
The Fundamentals of Executive Functioning
1:1 coaching, conducted remotely via Zoom
All ages; all content is modified in a developmentally appropriate way for each stage of learning
$750 Total, which includes six 60-minute 1:1 coaching sessions
This customized program will equip your student with the executive functioning skills they need to tackle a new year of learning with confidence. Your expert coach will provide your student with a better understanding of the way they learn and with concrete organizational skills. Each weekly 1:1 session will focus on selected skills associated with a different component of executive functioning. All sessions will incorporate mindfulness exercises and include time for reflection and troubleshooting from the weeks prior. Your expert coach will also email you and your student a summary of key takeaways following each session. This program is a great opportunity for students to receive a condensed organizational overview without the commitment of longer-term coaching.
- Week 1: Physical Environment – Study Space & Materials
- Week 2: Schedule Systems – Calendars & Reminders
- Week 3: Time Management Techniques – Understanding, Estimating and Tracking Time
- Week 4: Limiting Distractions & Procrastination Strategies
- Week 5: Critical Reading, Annotations & Note Taking Strategies
- Week 6: SMART Goal Setting, Visualization & Reflection
Resilient Writers Club
Group program, conducted remotely via Zoom
Elementary – Middle School
$700 Total, for six 75-minute group sessions, including three 15-minute 1:1 coaching sessions and a Writer’s Showcase during the sixth group session.
Organizational Tutors created this club to support reluctant writers in overcoming resistance to writing. Through this program your student will build resilience and approach a fresh academic year with new confidence. Together we will explore why writing presents a particular challenge. Our goal is to equip your student with tailored strategies based on their unique learning profile to build the skills, growth mindset, grit, and persistence to push through and become comfortable with writing. Led by one of our expert coaches, each weekly session will focus on selected skills associated with a different component of executive functioning and how it impacts writing.
This is a great opportunity for students to receive a condensed writing overview without the commitment of longer-term tutoring.
- Week 1 (75 minutes): Initiation – How to overcome the obstacles to getting started
- Week 2 (75 minutes): Planning – The importance of preparing a plan before writing
- Week 3 (60 minutes): Organizing and Writing – Breaking the Writing Process into its Parts and drafting. This week includes a flexible 1:1 15-minute coaching session to support independent follow-through
- Week 4 (60 minutes): Jumping Hurdles – How to identify hurdles and the emotions they bring up and create a tailored toolkit for pushing through. This week includes a flexible 1:1 15-minute coaching session to support independent follow-through
- Week 5 (60 minutes)– Editing and Revision – The importance of accepting feedback and engaging in the revision process. This week includes a flexible 1:1 15-minute coaching session to support independent follow-through
- Week 6 (75 minutes)– Wrap Up – Writers’ Showcase: Students will share their work with an emphasis on process and growth vs work product